The CAF Refereeing activities covers a wide range of educational and administrative functions for CAF.
- Organisation of Elite Referee Courses.
- Organisation of Elite Referee Instructor and Assessor courses.
- Organisation of Refresher courses
- Monitoring and Feedback to Referees at the individual Member Associations on their performances in all competitions administered by CAF.
- Preparation of Manuals for Referees, Instructors and Assessors.
- Establishment of development programs to increase the quality and quantity of instructors at the national level within the CAF member associations
- Appointment of Elite and Female and Futsal FIFA Referees, Assistant Referees and Assessors to the various competitions administered by CAF
- Monitoring Referee Instructors, Assessors and Referees performances and progress through submitted reports
- Monitoring and assisting Member Association Referees development.
- Filing and data entry of all fixtures and grading of Referees
- Database of Referee contacts and personal details
- Database of Referee equipment needs
- Database of Referee Fitness Reports