Finance Manager (CECAFA)
The Council of East and Central Africa Football Associations is recruiting a Finance Manager
A) Key Responsibilities:
- Manage finance planning processes & the forecasting for all events and activities in consultation with the Executive Director to reflect income and expenditure of the Zonal Union
- Ensure all staff, and Member Associations hosting any event or Tournaments do not exceed authority ceilings for financial expenditure without reference to the Executive Committee.
- Manage the transactional finance services including Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Cash & Bank reconciliations.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of Bank accounts. Proactively engage with banks on outstanding payments, reversals, and refunds as and when they occur. Responsibility for investigating and communicating outstanding payment queries with stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate records of income and expenditure and do monthly Financial Reports by managing the flow of payments and associated journals into the General ledger and ensure journal entries are properly recorded.
- Ensure all taxation commitments are met by the Zonal Union and finances are appropriately audited.
- Review and reconcile financial reports pertaining to the Zonal Union Annual Subvention received by CAF and FIFA Forward funds necessary for the organization of zonal competitions
- Ensure monthly cash flow reports, month end book close, and fixed assets record review are prepared. Review and provide comfort on payments and communicate to stakeholders.
- Ensure annual financial accounts are prepared for auditing and provide the auditor with necessary information to prepare the annual financial statements of the Zonal Union for Finance Committee and Executive Committee Approval
- Attend to general banking activities.
- Support with any other role assigned by the Executive Director on payment related matters.
- Provide Financial Controllership Functions in order to ensure finances are managed in accordance to legislation, polices & procedures and IFRS principles
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders both across the football and regulatory network & external relationships with appropriate contacts to ensure sooth financial operations of the secretariat.
- Treasury Management: Cash flow management and forecasts and Currency exposures management,
- Financial Risk & Governance Management: Ensure that appropriate controls are in place across the zone to minimize financial and business risk and drive compliance with IFRS, Tax Authorities and Zonal Union
- Support all relevant stakeholders relating to any key projects.
- Carry out any other task necessary to deliver Zonal Union strategic and administrative objectives.
- Protect the property and assets of the Zonal Union at all times.
- Master of Business Administration or equivalent;
- CFA, CPA or similar certification is recommended;
- Complementary studies in the field of sport and/or football (e.g. FIFA Masters, etc.);
- At least 10 years of experience in a similar field;
- At least 05 years of experience as a manager/director;
Business know-how and IT skills:
- Expert in Finance and Accounting;
- Proper use of MS products (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio).
- Teamwork: Cooperates well with colleagues; offers assistance and support to others to achieve common goals; takes initiative to develop team spirit; remains available and helpful even in times of tension and stress.
- Client Orientation: Always shows respect for clients (colleagues, superiors, national associations, clubs, etc.); agrees with clients on their expectations and deliverables; meets client expectations; obtains positive feedback from clients; enjoys full trust from clients; anticipates their desires.
- Professionalism: Trustworthy and committed to quality standards and timelines; adheres to established budget framework; demonstrates good planning and anticipation; focuses on effective implementation; follows up after completion of activities; takes responsibility for own actions; sets an example for others.
- Leadership: Respected by staff; undisputed leader of the unit; sets ambitious goals and guides staff towards them; motivator; well accepted by peers and management; tailors goals to client needs; challenges himself and the unit; personal skills to manage difficulties.
Competencies and Characteristics:
- Team leader and builder
- Able to think strategically and conceptually;
- Service-oriented and able to understand the needs of the organization
- Committed to quality and results
- Good communicator and able to explain the point of view of the department
- Resistant to stress; Competent in networking and relational matters, allowing regular contact with CAF management and staff
Language skills: English, French, others.
Other requirements: Experience in football is an asset
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization;
- Attractive employment conditions;
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team;
Place of service: Headquarters of the Council of East and Central Africa Football Associations (Kenya)
Contract duration: Unlimited
If you have the necessary qualifications and wish to work for an international sports organization, submit your application in French and/or English (cover letter, CV and diplomas). Only direct applications that meet all the required criteria will be considered. Please send your application to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 30th of September 2023